Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Faith!

“When you have come to the edge Of all light that you know And are about to drop off into the darkness Of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly”

Patrick Overton

SO I might look at Hillary Clinton or Lady Gaga or Oprah and think WOW those are some powerful women. Women who can make a difference. Sometimes its so easy to forget my own power and the power in the women around me.
The power we as women of faith hold moves mountains everyday including mountains of laundry. But seriously when we are with the Lord He is with us and he provides for us He can help us run up hills, He opens up the roads for us, all of the money in the world is His and he can make it come from anywhere when we need it.
A few weeks ago we fasted and prayed for a new car. We prayed in faith and gave the worry and stress of it all to Heavenly Father and just had faith that it would work out. My friend Liz was here and she actually said the prayer. It felt good and I knew we would be taken care of. Well that Thursday before Liz left for Hawaii we were blessed with a new (to us) car. I wont boar with all the details but me and Jake were just over whelmed with gratitude. We were humbled and our faith grew miles that day!
It just fills me with hope and Power to know without a doubt that the Lord is watching over us. Now this Power is sooo not my own power but the power of God. Seriously I hope we can all embrace the joy and the power the Lord gives us when we are filled with faith:D

1 comment:

Leilani said...

Thanks Mandy for the reminder! I needed this today. :) I'm glad your prayers were answered.

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.