Sunday, August 3, 2008

Power in love


The world thinks that power comes from fear. If people fear the mob or the bully they will give them money and bow to their sick wims. God is not a God of Fear. He is a god of love. In RS today we talked about missionary work and about how we fear sharing the gospel. this scripture came up and I LOVE it!!

2 Tim. 1: 7
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I felt myself be filled by the power all the way down to my finger tips and all the way into my deeptest guts:D. When we love something we are bound to it. We will do anything for it. We will sacrifice and sacrifice willingly and gladly. I am reminded right now of Satins plan. To force us into righteousness. That would have cheated Heavenly Father out of our love. He wants us to Love him and to feel bound to him not by fear or by force (both far inferior) but by love. Love is POWERFUL!! That is why motherhood is so freaking awesome! We love with a love that is so strong so sound that it is a physical compulsion to sacrifice for our children. If Satan can get his hands on mothers then he can get his hands on the most powerful force on earth. We as mothers have to be strong. We have to teach our children to love and to be righteous. The way to do that is by love. Ive seen over and over kids forced into keeping the rules. Just biding their time till they can be free and then making horrible choices then. Man if only they had been given choices earlier to learn how it feels to make mistakes and to feel the joy of repentance or reap the benefits of their early wise choices. Nobody wants to be forced into things. I feel like im rambling now but it really does feel amazing when your kids do what you ask because they love you and not because they fear you. I can feel the power in love and I am claiming it for my kids and for my family and friends. I promise to love as much as I can when ever I can!! I want to glorify God!! what a wise awesome beautiful plan he has for us. I feel like I learned something new about love today. Im really greatful for this blog:D...im learning so much!

2 comments:

Leilani said...

Beautiful thoughts and words, as usual. By the way, that's my favorite scripture. I love it's message. Reading it always gives me strength even in the most difficult times.

mandy said...

Hey thanks Leilani:D...I am really greatful for this scrip too!! man how are you guys? love ya..mandy

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.