Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good Cheer


D&C 78
17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eeternity are yours.
19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.


So I think I have already blogged about this scripture but it really is my fave and I need it again so here I go:D...
I was reading the Joseph Smith manual today and came accross a chapter about being of good cheer. You all know the story about when Joseph was being held in a log cabin and all the bad guys were saying horrible things and Joseph had to rebuke them and he did so with Authority. Anyways he was in pretty crappy circumstances but in his letter home to Emma he wrote something along the lines of ... we are blessed to be considered worthy enough to be persecuted for the cause of Jesus. WOW!! now that is being of good cheer.
So everyone has trials and tribulations. I am having my own right now and Im really finding comfort in Josephs example. Emmas too ..after I read the manual I read the new Ensign. Holy crap the things those two went through. I feel super ungrateful for even complaining about my comparitively small problems. It just gave me some new perspective. If me and Jake love eachother we can make it through anything. I also realize that Heavenly Father totally has a plan here and I need to show a little faith!!
Yaee Faith ... Yaee Love and Yae trials that teach us more about Faith love and ourselves!!! Yaeee Zion making big messes cuz it makes for cute pics HUH!!

one quote I love from Vickey Pankey!

"Just because everything around you is rotten doesnt mean you have to be rotten"

3 comments:

Connie said...

Wow, what a great scripture, I got chills when I read it.

You are such a wonderful person, I love reading your blog, it lifts me up, and makes me want to be a better person, and a better mom.

What a cutie, Zion looks so happy, and really, who wouldn't be, when you can eat chocolate powder right out of the canister?

mandy said...

Hey Connie:D.. your comment totally made my day!

you my friend are awesome and I always look forward to seeing you and hearing what you have to say:D

lots of love to ya:D

Connie said...

Hey, check out my blog...I just tagged you.

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.