Friday, May 2, 2008

Its hard to have charity when im distracted.

TV, computer, books, cleaning, and the list goes on. When my kids try to talk to me when I'm doing any of these things i get bothered instead of happy and excited that I have awesome children that can talk and want to talk to me. Cuz everyone knows that when they get older the last thing they are gunna want to do is talk to mom. Anyways so I think I need to shift my priorities. Ive known and seen this for a long time and its time to change right? If I want charity then I have to actually act like I have it...right? and stop doing what I'm doing and hear what they have to say. Even if its "Hey mom?" "yes" "you know what my elephant's name is?" "no what is your elephant's name?" "its Forton...hahhahah" Now that is sweet and cute right? and I should love it and enjoy it while I have it. Anyways my kids are my neighbors and I should treat them how I would want to be treated right? Well here is to my kids and treating them like I love them and adore them...cuz I do. They should know it:) and I'm being tested even as I write this:) so far so good:)

7 comments:

Aloha said...

SHHHHHHHHHH! Im watching my show! hahaha. Love you babe.

Tori said...

Mandy,
Your upbeat attitude has always impressed me. I want to be like you.

Katie and Co. said...

I love your blog. You've always been such a great example for me, and I agree with Jake that you are full of charity. What a fabulous way to spend your time pondering on the things of God.

mandy said...

Jake what? sorry I was watching...oh hang on be right there. sorry the music...what did you say??? HAHAHAHA I love you..thanks for making me laugh:)

Tori and Katie you guys need to get to know me better...HAHAHA just kidding. THankyou so much. You Make me want to do better and be better. thankyou a million times. really made my day:) love mandy

Natalie. said...

Mandy,

I love you so much. What a BEAUTIFUL blog this is. The title alone is superb. You and Beth both always strive to show love and I love that about you. Thank you for being my dearest friend. Just yesterday or the day before I was reading in old emails right around the time Gavin died. . . I was looking for some email addresses from EFY. Anyway, I found a back and forth between you and I about Gavin having died etc, and I remember SO vividly how THANKFUL I felt to know that YOU loved me and supported me. Your love is like magic. Truly. SO genuine, so sincere, so you.

I love you!

Nat

Natalie. said...

PS. I know you didn't start this blog to get attention. . . like you are getting. . . everyone saying how much they love you and what a good example you are to them . . . ha ha ha. . . I can imagine how it makes you squirm. But it's all true, so embrace it. :)

mandy said...

Nat I think you hit the nail on the head..hahah. all squirmy:) thanks so much:) I need to figure out how to reply to you guys. love you so much!!! mandy

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.