Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Edifieth"

1Crointhians 8:1
Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
Edifieth = builds up, strengthens, establishes, repairs.

The part of this scripture that grabs me is the end. "Charity edifieth." Then the foot note on edifieth is just cool. So if:
Charity=edify
and
Edifieth = builds up, strengthens, establishes, repairs
then
charity= builds up, strengthens, establishes, repairs.
So when I have charity I am building people up. I am strengthening others and establishing stuff as well as making things better. In other words I'm bringing good into the world. I'm not destroying things or making people feel bad even when I feel bad. Actually I guess if I have charity im not feeling bad either:)
Sometimes its so hard to be a builder upper. When the milk spills all over the kitchen floor and you see who did it, now is when the test of charity comes. Am I gunna give a nasty look and sigh or say something not so nice or......Am I gunna smile and say hey milk bath everyone jump in!!! just kidding. I experience this a lot and when I am feeling the love I say "Hey honey its okay. Lets clean it up, there is no use crying over spilt milk." You know what is funny? Usually when I'm not feeling the love I spill something five minuets later and realize why am I yelling at my kids for making an accident??? We all make accidents! So in the moment Im gunna show my kids that accidents happen and they can be cleaned up and its really gunna be okay. I think Heavenly Father is soooo super patient. If I want ot be like him I should put on my patient pants too:)
I really want my family to be stronger and I know that I am a big part of that. When I have charity I strengthen my bonds with my husband and my kiddos:) I want to have a happy home and when I feel the love I can see the love in their eyes coming right back at me. There is nothing better than a big hug and a kiss on the neck from your hubby when he walks in the door. Sometimes I have to think would I want to kiss me right now or run the other way? HAHA. We cant feel the love always because we are not perfect but I think its important to remember that making the choice to be happy makes the day so much easier.
By the way I always associate love charity and happiness as the same thing. They all give me good lovely feelings so they must come from the same place.
I think this is a good blog for today. This feels so good. Alohaaa:)



1 comment:

Atwood Ohana said...

Mandy---
I loved this post! Well actually I love your whole blog!!! What a neat idea to ponder the scriptures and their meanings as a group? I learned a lot just from your two most recent posts. Like when I'm on the computer and my baby fusses for attention, i always kind of feel annoyed. but after reading your insert, i realize just how lucky i am to have a baby who wants me to play and cuddle with him! thanks for the sweet reminder. i love it! keep giving us more charity notes please!!!!!
love ya, Head

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.