Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm like a star:)

This is a pic of me and Jake and Jakey when we were the three amigos:)
Im Like a Star:):D I love that song. Jakey made me sing it to him last night for bed. I was just reminded of that when I was reading some comments. I have been so worried about people reading my posts but I've had some good responses and maybe what I say can be uplifting to others:) I know I love reading what other people have to say about these same things. Anyways so I'm gunna sing that song when ever I get nervous about being honest:)

Im like a star shining brightly...shining for the whole world to see...I can do and say...happy things each day...for I know Heavenly Father loves me.

So instead of being scared and unshure Im just gunna pretend Im a star shinging brightly:) Nobody hates stars...lol Yaeee for primary songs and the love I feel when I sing em:)

I remember when I was a primary song leader and I would always ask if anyone had an experience with music that week. I will never forget how primary songs helped me get through some of the hardest moments in my life. Especially when I am alone when Jake is out of town. It gets scary some times but if i would just pop a song into my head I would feel a million times better. Warm fuzzies you know...:)I am a Child of God is one of my favorites. When Im having a bad day I just have to sing that one about the lilacs or count your many blessings or my all time fav...There is sunshine in my soul today:) Singing that song just fills me up to overflowing:)
Soooo I can totally sing primary songs when I am frustrated with life or motherhood ...and I can feel so much better in seriously the time it takes to sing the song. I just need a reminder that life is good:) Im so grateful that Jakey boy asked me to sing that song last night so I could feel better about my blog and have something to write about:) Its so nice to sing the boys my favs too. I hope they feel the same love I do when I sing em:)

4 comments:

Tori said...

I love to sing "Sunshine in the Soul" too. It just makes me feel better.

Erin said...

Mandy I am so glad that you are so honest in your blogging. It is so "you", I wouldn't want to read it all sugared up. That is one of your best qualities, you are transparent and I think people really appreciate that we get to know you so well because of it. Make sense? Anyways, I love your blog:)

Aloha said...

You are my sunshine! YES YOU BABE! You are my sunshine. My only Sunshine!!!

Katie and Co. said...

If you're able, get your hands on Jenni Phillips' CD "Like the Stars". She wrote it for this year's Young Women theme, and it is so amazing! I bought it for all my YW, and kept a copy for myself which I listen to all the time. "Like the stars, steadfast and unchanging, immovable and unwaivering. A strong and holy light, a sure and steady guide when all the world is falling apart. I want to be close to where You are, like the stars."

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.