Friday, May 9, 2008

Gotta love the Bible Dictionary:)

BIBLE DICTIONARY
Charity:
The highest, noblest, strongest kind of love, not merely affection; the pure love of Christ. It is never used to denote alms or deeds or benevolence, although it may be a prompting motive (1 Cor. 8: 1; 1 Cor. 13: 1-4, 8; 1 Cor. 13; 1 Cor. 14: 1. cf. Moro. 7: 47).

I just want to remember times I have felt Charity.
1. When Jakey boy was on his way I felt just complete love for everyone in the room and everyone out of the room too:) I was in pain and uncomfortable, but never have I felt more excitement or joy or just peace, acceptance and love. I even loved the lady who missed the epidural shot four times. I loved her more when it finally went in the fith time after fourty five minuets!! HAHAHA. I felt so loved.
Before I went into labor I was sure that I would not even want Jake in the room. Perfect strangers who i would never see again was just fine:) However, when the day arived I was sooo excited and happy that I invited my whole family!! Ruth, Jakes mom, was there and Meilani my sister in law, my Mom was there and My lovely sister Beth was there along with Jake and a whole slew of nurses and doctors. The guys and Liana were right outside having a party on the patio...cool set up by the way:) I was not weireded out by it at all that day:) Any one who wanted to be there for the celebration was welcome:) I felt like the other side wassooo close and I bet all my kids were there and other people I loved but couldnt see. It was amazing!!
I think that is the first time I felt real charity. It would be such a neat thing to have that feeling all the time:)
2. After a big confrence in Hawaii. I think it was a confrence for poeple with callings and I went for the releif society or something like that. Anyways after the meeting I think we all felt the same feeling. It was so unawkward. You know saying goodbyes and hellos to people is sometimes awkward for me and this time it was beautiful. Wonderful. FUN!! I loved all those people and it was just neat:)
3. I felt charity or true love one time when Jake took me in the backyard to pray. I was having a horrible week. Jake said a prayer with me and then hugged me and all my worries and stress and fears just were gone I could feel them leave. I went home that night and read the scripture perfect love casteth out all fear. At the time I read it Chases out all fear and that was what it felt like. His love chased out all my fears:)
4. That time I was offended by my friend and I prayed to see her like Jesus saw her. Man that was amazing!! I could not have a bad thought about her but knew that she was beautiful and lovely and praisworthy:) she was a wonderful mother and her saying things had nothing to do with me and she needed to be loved. very cool:)
5. Oh there are many small moments Ive felt charity but I think the coolest moments are when Im putting the boys to bed and there is just a moment where all is good in the world and my boys could do no wrong and they are peaceful and Oh I could eat that stuff up:)

Its good to relive these memories:) ill have to come back and edit this later:) here it is for now. baby calls:D

No comments:

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.