Thursday, June 19, 2008

Loving Life

Do you ever feel like you and on the verge of something big and you cant stand it? Jake has been doing music now for a few years. He made his first Bubble Gum album in like 2003 right after Jakey was born. It was fun with good songs but really bad recording. The next album he made called The Sample he made in 2006 after he had this slew of writing amd composing and recording and just had to make it a physical thing. He sold em at his big art show/concert and thought that would be all. His dream was to be on Itunes with his hero Jack:D...The Sample was and is miles above Bubble Gum in sound and quality and he recorded it in our little TVA apartment. So he graduated and came to Utah and finds this cool site ...Sellaband and loads his music...within a couple of months. his friends there got enough requests through to Itunes that wala...dream one came true:D...now what? a dream bigger to make an album with pro studio and pro producers and pro everything....fourmonths on Sellaband and 50k later her has his dream #2...now what? dream bigger play a big show it his home town...dream come true #3...nowwhat. A big tour? dude there is so much out there. there is enough room for everyone to make music:D...anyways so he has been taking it one step at a time a little here and a little there but holy crap if I look back at the last five years its amazing how everyone one of Jakes dreams has come true. I keep telling him he needs to dream bigger..>HAHAHAHA. anyways so we have sacrificed a lot so he could do this...like independace and stability and food...hahaha but we are so blessed and feel like we are really on the right road here. We went through a really really desperate time and I kept reading scriptures and the one that pops out is the one where Joseph Smith is in prison and he is all ...how long are you gunna let people get away with this and then HF is all this is all for a reason and endure it well and you will be blessed and its only gunna seem like a moment. So now we are feeling a ton better and doing a tone better with cash and stuff...I hope that that was the moment and I feel like we endured it well. So what is cool about the spirit is that even when you are in your deepest darkest moments its amazing cuz you still feel peace. I wonder if that is what Obinidi felt when he was getting ready to give his life for his beliefs...anyways back to the topic...I feel like something big is on the way...its a new excitment that keeps getting bigger and bigger and its driving me insane...HAHAHA.
When Jake was getting ready for his mission we went through this really hard time and I was completely confused and didnt know what to do but I was really greatful for the experience and knew that Heavenly Father was with us cuz I read this scripture...
17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
D&C 78
18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.

When I read this I just realized that I needed to have faith that everything would work out. I had no idea how but I trusted HF and a few years later I looked back at that scripture and realized WOW!! I really am blessed now. I married him and we have a pretty baby and what was interesting is that if I had known that I was going to marrie him before he left for two years I would have really resented him..HAHAH. I wouldnt have been able to date or experience life the way you should when you are on your own the first time in college...so i was really greatful for the perspective and for the chance to just be me for a couple of years. When he came home I was ready!! I had lived a ful two years serving my own mission in a way...EFY and PCC and having all kinds of fun and in no way did I regret marrying him and no way did I realize that we would be so happy and all the blessings we would get and so on you know.
SO recently Ive been pondering things again and over and over this scripture keeps popping up. Its my fav now and I have it memorized and I just cant imagine where we are going but once again Im putting my faith and trust in HF and I know its gunna be better than I ever dreamded:D. so Cool. Im for sure greatful for the struggle it has really given us perspective and experience and we are better people for it...I feel sooo excited and happy. Everytime I ask what I should pray for I hear Success:D.. so pray with me everyone for success for Jake for his music (which is what has chosen him and he has chosen for now:D I just feel so happy when I think about it. anyways so long post. all my kids are crying so i gotta go but yaee:) Glad I got that down...HAHA

1 comment:

Liss said...

Hello .. I found you!! I love this!! Doesn't it feel so much better when we as women vent! :) It was so good to see you guys! PS that pic with Izabella is GORGEOUS!!
I'll definitely be checking back!! :)

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.