Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Celebrating ME!! (womanhood) Weeeeehaw!!


This is a peice done by Jakes Mom. She is an artist too! I love her paintings and this really makes me feel peaceful and feminine.
SO I was watching Oprah today:D HAHA I wonder how many blogs or conversations open with that everyday. Anyways Oprah has been totally inspirational this week! Suzie Orman on tomorrow! cant wait. anyways sooo There was one mother in particular talking today about how she had lost herself and Oprah was all like Hey being a mother staying home to raise your kids is Gods Greatest Work!!! I was so touched because you know Oprah's respect for mothers was so profound at that moment it made me realize how freaking COOOOL I am:D I mean seriously we are sooooo hard on ourselves and get lost in the day to day things and forget to blog and we feel so bad about ourselves so often and im not even pretending like im alone anymore cauze I know there are so many girls out there who feel the same as me! Yaeee for the internet bringing us all together to lift eachother up. Digressing sorry...so I say on a good day I am half nice to myself and half not so nice. have you noticed how you work so hard on Christmas dinner or whatever dinner and everything is perfect but that one thing...(didnt Elder Uchtdorf talk about that at the Relief Society meeting?) anyways but maybe there isnt enough salt on the mashed potatoes and we feel the need to point it out? we do that to ourselves all day. Oh my bathrooom is clean but...my whole house was clean at one point today but now has passed back to the realm of mishEVIL!!haha or man I worked so hard today and got so much done but it doesnt really look like it. Anyways I feel like I'm over emphasizing the naughty and underemphasizing the goodness all the time. its like Im not quite good enough for me or something. I mean Jake is so easy to please, the kids love eachother. We are all healthy and happy. I need to knock it off and be nice to myself! I mean I would never say some of the things I say to me to anyone else. I mean seriously Mandy get a grip! Oprah thinks yer awesomeness!!! Elder Uchtdorf thinks yer awesomeness...you should really pat yourself on the back and say five nice things about yourself:D so whoever is reading this I'm tagging you!!

Tag yer it:D say five nice things about yourself Ill start:D this is my campaign to get my friends to feel great about being a women no matter what stage we are in today!! Let your light shine!! No hiding:D We all need to see eachothers lights so we can shine even brighter together!! ready set ...GO!

1. I think Im hilarious!
2. I am getting better at being a mommy everyday. (cleaning cooking sewing giving the look:D kissing booboos)
3. I try to have a clean house. It might get messy but its clean...
4. Im getting better at taking time out for me. For example: Last night Jake got home I fed my family and then was on the verge of melting down and said hey I think I need some time and let Jake handle the noise as I plugged in my earplugs and took a bath:D Yaeee for me for taking a minuet when I needed one!! (you know whats funny Im trying so hard not to feel guilty as I write this haha...how ridiculous! Jake loves chilling with the kids so its not like im torching him for an hour while I take a much needed break..plus Ill smell better when he kisses me next right:D)
5. I laughed with my kids today!

cheers to our awesomeness as mothers wives sisters grandmothers friends and cool chicks
ps if you do take time to do this please leave a comment!!!

3 comments:

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Mandy you are rockstar and you know it! You say all of these not so great things about yourself, but I will be honest, I don't notice. You amaze me!

Tori said...

Yea what Carmen said. Mandy you are awesome! But you should already know that I tell you enough.

Katie and Co. said...

I'm gonna follow your example and write my list on my blog: www.inspirationandlight.blogspot.com

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.