Thursday, January 15, 2009

Keep the Sabbath Day Holly a college experience:D


I just feel like remembering today. I remember this one time I was a senior or Junior in College and I had this big final that was all about this book Aging with Grace. Oh man I tried so hard to get that book read and reread and the time came we finally got the questions we needed to answer a week before they were due. Man Something came up EVERYDAY that week. Baby Jake was sick and needed me at night, Daddy Jake was doing something else. We had ward Temple night, then Farm day for the ward and I decided to go ahead and do these things. Felt good about it. Anyways soooo finally I had the whole day with nothing to do and guess what day it was?? ..haha SUNDAY:D that is right. Would Mandy do her homework on the Sabbath? No way:D I wouldn't do it. The final which half my grade depended on was not even hardly started and it was due at 8am!!! how wild is that! Now I didn't just idle away the week I really tried to find time but it just wasn't there and I followed the spirit. Obviously the spirit wanted me to fail this semester right:D anyways so I kept the Sabbath day holy and got up early early 4am Monday morning to work on the paper. I hashed it out and turned it in and waited to hear my grade. I knew I had help. I got inspiration for the answers and felt good about it. Anyways so I GOT 100!!! 100 freaking percent on the hardest exam of the year!! I got the highest grade in the class!!
The moral of the story?? If you want to succeed in life listen to the spirit and serve when it doesn't make sense and Keep the Sabbath day holy:D Heavenly Father is eager to show us how AMAZING he is:D I will never doubt keeping that day sacred again. I know Ill be blessed if I ever keep it holy again:D hahaha. lol oh boy I have so much to learn.

5 comments:

Tori said...

Thanks for that. I needed that reminder. That is such a cute picture of you.

Oh and I want you to know that you are one of my favorite people in the whole world. Love ya Mandy!

Connie said...

I got chills when I read this story. Thanks for sharing.

mandy said...

You guys totally made my day!! Thankyou for your sweet comments:D Yeehaw:D trying to find the Joy so that I can be like that scripture says...men are that they might have JOY!!! you guys bring joy to my life:D MMMmmmmm friends:D Love you guys:D

kandi said...

LOVE the story. I totally needed that! We've been really good about keeping the sabbath day holy...but it isn't always easy.

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

I love this story! Thanks for sharing! And great pic by the way!

My Charity Notes

This is my own personal blog that im writing in an Unapologetic manner about my faith and experiences in life that have brought me joy sorrow and Love.